As our success depends on the success of our clients, it also depends on the success of our lawyers and administrative staff. Voted one of Long Island’s Top Workplaces, we at Certilman Balin pride ourselves as a competitive, yet collegial law firm. With a primary focus on the delivery of professional legal services and responsive service, we also strive to make our surrounding community a better place. If you want to make an impact on the legal landscape on Long Island, we welcome having a conversation with you.
Please see below for our open positions.
ASSOCIATE FOR CORPORATE/SECURITIES/NOT-FOR-PROFIT PRACTICE GROUP
The Corporate/Securities/Not-for-Profit Practice Group (located in East Meadow, NY) is seeking an associate with 1-5 years’ experience in corporate and not-for-profit matters. Growth potential to partnership in the years ahead.
- Consult on corporate legal matters, including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, business transactions and not-for-profit matters
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts, agreements, and other documents including: formation documents; asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, operating agreements; partnership agreements; shareholder agreements, license agreements, distribution agreements, private placement documents, and SEC filings
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations and have the ability to advise on the same
- Provide legal advice, identifying risks and proposing solutions
- Legal research
- Respond timely to client requests and inquiries and confer with other attorneys in the office
- Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent law degree from an accredited institution and licensed to practice law in the state of New York
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as 401(k)/profit sharing plan.
Salary commensurate with experience.
When applying, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate Corporate Associate in the subject line.
Paralegal in Tax Certiorari Group
Debra Scala Giokas
Director of Marketing
Elke Stoiber Counsel, Banking and Commercial Lending Group
Fiona Meehan Paralegal, Banking and Commercial Lending Group