George W. Peters is an Associate in our Real Estate and Land Use and Zoning Practice Groups. Mr. Peters represents clients on commercial and residential real estate transactions, land use and zoning issues, and industrial development agency (“IDA”) benefits transactions.
Prior to joining Certilman Balin, Mr. Peters was General Counsel to a private equity firm that focused on acquiring and operating assisted living facilities across the Southeast United States. Mr. Peters started his career as an Associate at several boutique law firms based on Long Island and New York City, where he focused his practice on the representation of cooperatives, condominiums, homeowners associations, landlords, and construction companies in a variety of transactional and litigation matters in the New York and United States District Courts. He also has experience representing agency lenders on multi-family acquisition and refinance transactions across the country.
Mr. Peters earned his Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School in 2018, where he was awarded the Real Estate Law Certificate with Distinction. He is a proud past member of Brooklyn Law School’s Corporate and Real Estate Clinic, which has received widespread acclaim for its pro bono work with Housing Development Fund Corporation cooperatives across the Five Boroughs. Mr. Peters graduated from the State University of New York – College at Cortland with a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in 2013. At SUNY Cortland, he was a member of the National Political Science Honorary Society, Pi Sigma Alpha.
He is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2018
State University of New York – College at Cortland, B.A., cum laude, 2013
New York, 2018
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2019
New York City Bar Association
- Represented applicant on its Town of North Hempstead Board of Zoning Appeals application for area variances and a conditional use permit for a 10,276 square foot expansion of its existing 9,008 square foot Port Washington, New York grocery store.
- Represented applicant on its Town of Hempstead Board of Appeals application for a supplemental parking variance, allowing for a 1,372 parking stall deficiency (3,745 stalls provided where 5,328 stalls are required under Town Code, supplementing a pre-existing variance for a 211 stall deficiency) for its Westbury, New York mall.
- Represented family held real estate company on its $4,504,500.00 payoff of a promissory note releasing pledged stock in companies owning various Queens, New York industrial properties being held as collateral.
- Represented landlord on triple net lease of its 8,440 square foot industrial property in College Point, New York.
- Represented borrower on a $16,000,000.00 refinance of its Flemington, New Jersey shopping center.
- Represented borrower on a $3,894,870.00 loan modification and extension for its Massapequa Park, New York shopping center, adding its Lindenhurst, New York shopping center as additional collateral.
- Represented seller on its $9,550,000.00 sale of an Elmhurst, New York property triple net leased to an international bank.
- Represented owner on a subdivision application to the Inc. Village of Matinecock for its 38.50 acre Locust Valley, New York residential property, and subsequent donation of a 6 acre portion thereof to the North Shore Land Alliance.
- Represented family held real estate company on its minor subdivision application to the Nassau County Planning Commission for its 9.995 acre industrial property in Woodbury, New York.
- Represented sponsor on its subdivision map filing with the Office of the Nassau County Clerk for its 40 unit condominium development in Great Neck, New York.
- Represented sponsor on its subdivision map filing with the Office of the Nassau County Clerk for its 46 unit homeowner’s association development in North Hills, New York.
- Represented sponsor on its amended subdivision map filing with the Office of the Nassau County Clerk for its 48 unit condominium development in Glenwood Landing, New York.
- Represented a publicly traded company on its termination and repayment of an approximately $1,300,000.00 tax benefit facility for its 86,000 square foot corporate headquarters with the Nassau County Industrial Development Agency.