Bernard Hyman served as the Managing Partner of Certilman Balin Adler & Hyman, LLP for 34 years. He is Co-Chair of the Real Estate Tax Certiorari and Condemnation Law Group and concentrates his practice on tax certiorari law and condemnation litigation.
An established authority on real estate valuation, Mr. Hyman has handled and continues to handle many of the largest real estate tax review proceedings in Nassau County. Throughout his career, he has successfully obtained well over a billion dollars in real estate tax savings and refunds for his clients.
His unique leadership style has a way of bringing out the best in others. Mr. Hyman credits responsive service to generations of clients as the key ingredient that has propelled and maintained Certilman Balin’s position as one of the largest full-service law firms on Long Island.
A member of the New York State Bar Association and the Nassau County Bar Association, Mr. Hyman serves on the Nassau Bar’s Real Estate and Tax Certiorari and Condemnation Committee.
Mr. Hyman graduated from Suffolk University School of Law and earned his Bachelor of Arts from Syracuse University. He is admitted to practice in the state of New York and the United States Supreme Court.
Suffolk University School of Law, 1969
Syracuse University, B.A., 1965
United States Supreme Court
New York State Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
Who’s Who in Real Estate Law, Long Island Business News
Highest rating by Martindale Hubbell
Nassau Bar Real Estate and Tax Certiorari and Condemnation Committee
- New Managing Partner To Take Helm, as seen in Newsday
- Certilman Balin Names New Managing Partner, as seen in Long Island Business News
- Stein named managing partner at Certilman Balin; Hyman stepping down, as seen in NYREJ
- LI firms rethinking the 5-day office workweek, as seen in Newsday
- Coming Up With Creative Ways to Provide Legal Service
- Navigating the New Terrain of Commercial Real Estate, as seen in Long Island Business News